Monday 26 November 2007

Well what a week or two!!!

I can't honestly believe how much time has flown since last posting a message.

A few days after setting this up I took my stash of handmade cards into work to see if any would sell and what they thought of them.
I had positive feedback but was a bit disappointed in only selling 6 cards the one day and 2 the next. However, the Monday after I received 4 more orders for cards, 2 being for a mum and dad and the other for a sister (as well as birthday cards).

At first I was slightly disappointed, but have found that in a way if I hadn't taken them into work I wouldn't have been able to sell them full stop. So far... I have been able not to spend the profits. Not sure how long that will last though???!!

Had a bad start to the last weekend. BT had to disconnect our extensions giving us only one main box, so unfortunately we was back to a few days without any internet. But hey, it gave the best opprtunity to have a really good tidy in my craft corner.

1 comment:

simplyfairies said...

It always works out slow at first don't be despondant, I started selling my cards that way and in the end it took off so well I found i was just about coping,
I left a box of cards in my desk at all times, it's amazing the amount of people who forget birthdays or remeber on the day , they come and find you coz they know you have the cards there, so their forgetfulness is your gain.... try and keep a small box of varied cards at work, and restock often... you will be surprised at how many you sell...